Thursday, January 3, 2013

It's the Most "Interesting" Time of the Year!

Hey y'all, it's Mary...AGAIN!!!

Here's just a little taste into how my Christmas break went/is going:

So my dating life exploded at the beginning of Christmas break...I went on three dates(with two guys) in one week.  The first, first date(we'll call him D1) was SO much fun!  He took me to a gun range(because I had mentioned that I wanted to do that on a date...I promise I'm a girl) & I out shot him!!!  After shooting, we got some lunch & talked for a couple of hours.  It was really nice!  This is where it gets complicated though. 

The next day D1 asked to take me out again.  I said yes & he said he'd call & we could plan it out later.  Soon after that, another guy(we'll call him D2) texted me to ask me on a date.  I was a little hesitant but agreed.  The only problem was that it was Wednesday night, I had a party Thursday night & was going home Saturday, so the only available day to go out with either of these guys was Friday.  And that is what happened.  D2 got the "dinner" slot & D1 got the "drinks" slot. 

The date with D2 was "interesting".  He was a college drop out, turned truck-driver that lives at home with his parents & is currently on worker's comp because he hurt his ankle getting out of his truck sweet guy...just not the one for me & here's why (Guys, this is where you should start taking notes on what NOT to do while on a date):

1. Don't tell her that you are going to sit at the bar because you know the bartender & they can get you free drinks.  If you can't afford to buy us drinks that's fine!  I'm pretty sure most of us can go for a couple of hours without drinking.
2. Don't order your food before she's ready to order. It just makes reading through the entire menu more awkward having someone stare at you...for 5 minutes.
3. If your date was in a sorority, do not insult sororities.
4. Don't interrupt her.  If you ask me a question, I am MORE than happy to answer it, but you have to actually let me answer it.
5. Don't use the word "fruity" to describe a guy who you think might be gay...& is also your date's friend from college.
6. Don't insist that she stop going to the church she's been going to for months & has made lots of friends at & really REALLY likes, so she can start going to church with you.
7. Don't ask her if she's bored.  It's a really awkward question to answer.

Like I said, sweet guy, not for me...there was no second date for him.

D1 however, got a second AND a third date.  The second was a group thing with some of our friends.  Super fun!  The third date was quite memorable.  Guys, get out your notes again:

8. Don't wait for her in your car & text "I'm outside" when you get to her place.  If a girl gives you her address so you can pick her up for a date, she's comfortable with you coming to her front door.
9. Make sure that the passenger door is unlocked when you go to open it...especially if you didn't go to her front door.
10. DO be nervous...we think it's cute & makes us feel like you really like us.
11. Don't talk about that little 3 letter word.  Even if you are talking about it because you're nervous...it's not appropriate & tends to make us feel like that is your expectation for the end of the date.
12. Do flatter her(but keep it classy). 
13. Do go in for a kiss...as long as it's not the first date.  If she doesn't want to kiss you, she won't.  But since she's agreed to go on a second/third/twentieth date with you, she probably wants to.
14. When a girl says you can't come inside, she means it...don't push your luck bud!
15. Do NOT(& I can't emphasize this enough) try to explain why she would enjoy it if you came inside.  If you do, there's a good chance you'll get popped up the side of yo' head!  Momma didn't raise no fool & you can run & tell THAT home boy! Keep those thoughts to yourself!

I will say though, that if you got rid of all of the things that went wrong on this date, it would've been a WONDERFUL date.  I have never been on such a nice date before.  He did everything right until the end & then it just got weird.  No fourth date...

And *POOF* just like that my dating life has disappeared once again! 

Now on to the non-romantic parts of my break!  I went home to visit my family for Christmas & had such a wonderful time!  It was so nice to spend lots of quality time with my parents & brothers.  I also got to see two of my best friends!  I went over to my BFF4EVA Rachel's house one night.  We were best friends in high school.  She lives about 20 minutes away from me now, but our schedules are very different so we don't get to see each other too much.  We hung out with her family & played Phase 10(WOAH PARTY TIME!).  It was actually really fun!  The best part though was when Rachel asked me to be her Maid of Honor for her wedding in September...DUH GIRL!!!  Her fiance, Chris, adores her & I can't wait for all of the wedding festivities to commence!!!  I also got to see Laura, my oldest friend.  Not because she's old(she's only 24 y'all), but because I've known her longer than any of my other friends.  Laura is so sweet & goofy!  We went to lunch & to see "Les Mis".  It was so great catching up with her & planning trips to visit each other in Dallas & Houston! 

Finally, Jennifer & I got to spend New Years Eve with a bunch of my friends in Dallas.  We had a progressive dinner party where we ate different courses at different homes.  It was SO much fun.  We enjoyed delicious food, watched some football, played "Just Dance", & had a great time.  Of course, it wouldn't be a true #1 event without a photoshoot so here are some of our pictures from the night:

Just kidding!  I'm experiencing some technical difficulties & will have to post our photoshoot(s) later.  All the more reason to "Follow" our blog y'all!

So yeah, it was an "eventful" break.  Now to enjoy these last couple of days before I go back to teaching!

LYLAS/B!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment