Monday, November 26, 2012

I'm Alive!

Oh Hey, Y'all! It's me, Jennifer.

Good news--I'm alive.

And back in Texas.

And 25.

And I have a job.

I've been meaning to update this for a while now, but my elaborate blog post plans always seemed like more than I had time for. But, you know, elaborate blog posts aren't all they're cracked up to be. If you know me/are my Facebook friend, then you know most of what goes on in my daily life--you don't need to read a recap of it on this blog (especially a recap that is 2 months overdue).

Instead, let me tell you something that I've yet to post on Facebook:

Mindy Kaling's book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns), is possibly the funniest book I've ever read. Why? Because Mindy and I are the same person. Well, not really the same person--more like I agree with every word that comes out of her mouth...I mean, the words she's written in this book...what I've read so far. She is my new role model. She is joining the ranks of Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Emma Stone, and Zooey Deschanel. So, congratulations, Mindy!!

Seriously. I love her.

Also, this is a quote from the book that sounds like something I could have said, only she's funnier:


"I'm the kind of person who would rather get my hopes up really high and watch them get dashed to pieces than wisely keep my expectations at bay and hope they are exceeded. This quality has made me a needy and theatrical friend, but has given me a spectacularly dramatic emotional life."

No comments:

Post a Comment