Monday, June 4, 2012

It's The Jenn & Mary SHOOOOOOOOW!!!

Hello world!

This is Mary, the 2nd half of "The Jenn & Mary Show".  I am BEYOND excited to finally start this joint blog with my #1 friend, Jennifer!  This is something that we've been talking about doing for a while and we're FINALLY making it happen!  We will be documenting all of our CRAZY adventures & experiences(both together & apart), so we'll have something to relive them by when we become golden girls!

A little about me:
I just graduated with my Master's degree in Vocal Performance from Baylor University.
I live at home with my parents(who I will refer to as my roommates...sounds cooler) & my brothers.
This is temporary until I move to Plano in August to teach.
I'm going to teach voice lessons for McKinney ISD (At Jenn's Alma Mater!).
Crafting.
Yellow & mint.
"SNL", "Toddlers & Tiaras" & "Real Housewives of Anywhere".
Mormons.
Singing...duh!
Dancing.
Country music.
Boy crazy.
Spontaneous.
Single & mingling!
Redecorating.
All-University Sing.
Shopping.
J. Crew.
Rangers.
Baylor.
Diet Coke.
Leopard.

How we became #1 friends(according to Mary):
This journey starts WAAAAY back in January 2007, when I went through sorority recruitment at Baylor University.  I was incredibly excited to be meeting so many wonderful women and to get to know each sorority better.  I tried to keep an open mind going into recruitment, but deep down I knew which group I wanted to join: Alpha Delta Pi.  I was rushed REALLY hard by them and fell in love with everything they stood for.  For most girls, recruitment is really stressful & upsetting.  A lot of girls get cut from their first choice group & don't know what to do.  I, however, was one of those few lucky ones who ended up where I wanted to be & couldn't have been happier.  All I could do was talk about how excited I was to keep getting invited back to ADPi! I am so blessed to have ended up in my first choice...but back to the story. 
I ended up meeting Jennifer early on in the pledging (or Alpha) process & we became fast friends.  That bond of sisterhood instantly connected us!  fast forward about a year to All-University Sing(or Sing! for short).  Sing! is one of the biggest traditions at Baylor.  Fraternities & Sororities put on 7-minute long Broadway style acts, complete with singing, dancing, costumes, elaborate sets, & fun themes.  That year, Alpha Delta Pi's Sing act was...well, I can't actually remember the name of it, but we were clockmakers in a clock shop & all of our songs revolved around clocks or time. Jennifer & I were really close to 2 other girls, Shelley & Catherine, & would goof off with them in the chapter room after each sing performance.  One night, we got into a friendly dispute over which of us were the better friends.  After much debate, Jennifer & I came up with THE most indisputable reason as to why we had the better friendship...because we had the universe's #1 friendship!  Shelley & Catherine didn't want to buy it, but they had no choice, because, well, it's a fact! 
(Our first picture as #1 Friends!)

We really do have the universe's #1 friendship!!!  From that moment on, we were #1's...a kind of friendship that goes FAR beyond that of best friends.  We are basically the exact same person...Joey, from "Friends", may have found his hand twin, but I have found my personality twin!  Ever since then we've been as inseperable as possible, and shared in so many wonderful, crazy, scary, exciting, and hilarious adventures.  Jennifer has been there for me through the absolute best and absolute worst times in my life and I am SO blessed to be able to call this inspiring woman of God, my NUMBER ONE FRIEND!!!

I hope that you enjoy reading this blog, but I'm just excited to have something else to share with Jennifer!
Happy reading!
Mary

p.s. Jenn, I challenge you to upload a picture from our past(& tell the story behind it no matter how short) with each post...I'll do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment